- Through KayoCloud Properties;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and KayoCloud.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and a KayoCloud Property.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Offline communication with KayoCloud parties or through any other means outside of the KayoCloud Properties; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on a KayoCloud Property.
Information we collect about you and how we collect it We collect several types of information from and about users of KayoCloud Properties, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“Personal Data“); and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access KayoCloud Properties, and information about how you interact with the KayoCloud Properties, such as page views.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us by filling in forms on KayoCloud Properties, by sending correspondence to us, or by completing transactions through the KayoCloud Properties.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, traffic data, location data, logs, other communication data and the data regarding the resources that you access and use on the KayoCloud Properties, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
Your opt-in will be required for any automatic data collection that isn’t purely for KayoCloud internal analytics or necessary for your use of the KayoCloud Properties. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. How we use your information We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data:
- To present KayoCloud Properties and their contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To improve the KayoCloud Properties by storing information about your preferences, customizing elements of the KayoCloud Properties to your interest, speeding up your searches, and recognizing you when you return to the KayoCloud Properties;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to the KayoCloud Properties or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on KayoCloud Properties;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to perform functions on our behalf and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. We take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that third-party agents and service providers process Personal Data in accordance with our obligations and to stop and remediate any unauthorized processing. Under certain circumstances, we may remain liable for the acts of our third-party agents or service providers who perform services on our behalf for their handling of Personal Data that we transfer to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of KayoCloud’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by KayoCloud about users of the KayoCloud Properties is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any valid government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of KayoCloud, our customers, or others.
Data processing and the GDPR The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”) is a European privacy law applicable to citizens of the European Economic Area. Data input into KayoCloud software is known as “Platform Data.” Under the GDPR, KayoCloud is a Data Processor of KayoCloud Platform Data. Users of the KayoCloud software are the Controllers of Platform Data and are responsible for all Controller obligations, such as choosing the appropriate legal basis for collecting and using tenants’ personal data. Data controlling and the GDPR KayoCloud collects, stores and processes business contact data (used for direct marketing, demonstrations, and business development) and user usage data (used for internal analytics, user experience tracking, and marketing purposes.) Under the GDPR, KayoCloud is a Data Controller with regards to business contact data and usage data. Business contact data is obtained by KayoCloud on the basis of your consent (where you affirmatively provide it to KayoCloud, for example when requesting a product demonstration) or for KayoCloud’ legitimate interest in responding to your queries, assisting you in your use of the KayoCloud Properties, and otherwise communicating with KayoCloud users, customers, and potential customers. User usage data is obtained for KayoCloud’ legitimate interest of providing customer support, improving the KayoCloud Properties, and communicating with KayoCloud customers or potential customers. Individuals can opt out of the use of business contact data at any time by making a request to email@example.com. User usage data is a part of the KayoCloud platform. Therefore, when an individual would like to opt-out of collection of usage data, the individual will no longer be able to use the KayoCloud platform. Accessing, correcting your information and exercising privacy law data rights Whether it’s the GDPR, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, or other statute, KayoCloud is committed to complying with all applicable law in the way it handles personal information. KayoCloud operations are based in the United States, which is the geographic location for all KayoCloud data processing. You can review and change your personal information by logging into the particular KayoCloud Property and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us, or request execution of the following rights:
- Receive a copy of your personal data;
- Correction of your personal data;
- Deletion of all of your personal data;
- Restricting or ending the use or processing your personal data for a particular purpose;
- Obtaining a copy of your personal data in a machine-readable ‘open format’ (e.g., XML, JSON, CSV, text file format);
- Opt out of automated decision making.